Skip to main content

Counting your coins.....

 


Wassup! You must be gearing up for the weekend. And for those who have come to the stage where weekend or no weekend makes not much of a difference, welcome to the club! We are all together in this. As I was saying earlier, yesterday's session stirred up few unknown emotions within me and now you can stop yourself from reading further but you can't stop me from writing. There were many little pointers that impacted me and I could instantly relate to the time when I started investing back in 2016. But the one that touched me the most was the fact that Women are better FINANCIAL MANAGERS and DECISION MAKERS than Men. Not just because an expert said so, or analysis says so, but because I actually felt it.

I am sure everyone of us likes Money. Earning it, spending it, yearning for it, wishing it were never there at times. I will have to accept that I am guilty. Guilty of thinking about my future finances a little too late. I mean 36 is a little late to think about your finances especially if you are Single Woman staying with your parents, working for 12 years at something you love being a part of and are totally happy about it. It took me a while to understand that this condition can also be called as being #financiallyclueless about your own life. I am not too proud of it, but there is nothing much I can do about mostly because I have already started doing something about it.

If you are someone who is also going through the same condition despite being conscious of the financial decisions you make, despite being in control of your finances, despite being interested in shaping out your financial goals for life, do not worry. We are in this together. We can always help each other with our insights, experiences, mistakes and learnings. So keep watching for this space to get all this and more. Also, I have realised that Investing is the STEP 2 of building up your Finances. Bingo! You got me right there. STEP 1 has to be undoubtedly #SAVING it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day........

Wishing my friends a not just a Happy but a Wonderful Mother's Day. I just realised that we are no more just friends, we are probably extended family. They say a friend in need is a friend indeed, But these guys were there for me even when I didn't need them. Love you guys. Keep rocking. We are meant to be. My memories of this day go back to about 13 yrs from now, we've been celebrating this day from then on with a little difference every year. Today, we don't celebrate this day of the year like the earlier ones, but we still do it together........ in a different sense though. It all started when we loved spending time with each other and never used to leave any chance of celebration just for the sake of being together. We adored our Moms with flowers, cards, gifts, goodies and also ended up doing the daily chores for them (couple of times). All this not only because we loved our Mom's but also because we could get another reason to celebrate .......... together

Monday Mornings

Monday Mornings taught me that it's fine to forget the sweet memories of yesterday and move on to the goodies coming forth. During my early days of life Monday Mornings were filled with gradual lethargy caused due to the remains of the previous days' fun and frolic leading to come up with various reasons of not going to School but in vain. A little later they marked the excitement of getting back to my pals with juicy gossip and blabber within me and I started looking forward to the Monday Mornings. End of school and it looked as if these Monday Mornings would never turn up again in life. And they never did....till date. Monday Mornings taught me that it is not always what happens but also who all were with us when it happened that that makes it a special memory.   When in college it was a different story altogether. We considered it to be the best day of the whole week when we used to spend the whole day scheduling our week on submitting assignments with " Better late

A Religion called TECHNOLOGY

How many of us understand our religion let alone following it religiously? None. Now that was way too easy. Most of us actually get irritated on the name of religion, yes, you read it right. IRRITATED. Might be because it's so complicated to understand and more so to follow. Yet, there's a strange thing which I have noticed. A special religion which we keep following while we study, play, work, dine, gossip and even when we need to communicate to one another. A religion which we follow sub consciously all through the day and can't do without. A religion, called TECHNOLOGY .  A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs - Wikipedia says it.   We don't wake up to the tinkling of our Mom's Bangles, we don't g