Skip to main content

Change - the only constant in any equation - LIFE.



According to the world's best teacher, everything does not remain the same and the essence lies in not remaining the same, for better or for worse. Anything that stays the same for long either becomes stagnant or turns out to be an addiction. This teacher of mine taught me that it is an art and there are no masters or leaders at it, only beginners and followers. An art that can make a world out of nothing or nothing out of the world. An art which is seldom taught but definitely learnt by one and all. An art which can turn the tables upside down. An art called CHANGE.

As a kid I always wanted to change the way people around looked at me but could not help doing much about it. With the kind of ways that I chose, it was but evident that people around would surely consider me an insane nut with few loose screws here and there. Pity. Every now and then at School and College I wished for a change in what was being taught to us as it was like trying to learn something which I was not sure will be of any particular use to me later or even if it were, how and where would I be using it. Guess every one of us might have been through this phase. It still doesn't make sense to me why 2 and 2 sums up to 4. 

There were times when I felt that everything, every single thing around me needs to be changed for good or for worse. A phase where we all believe strongly that CHANGE is the only CONSTANT in any equation. Tried many ways or at least thought that I tried but all in vain. Could not change anything. Kind of like became my resolve to see some evident and obvious change around me. But I guess it was meant to be. 2 and 2 can never sum up to be anything but 4. It got me even more worried when I came to know of specific courses designed to master change management. Left me wondering how could someone teach us managing something which is uncertain and not in our hands at all.

After a nearly successful stint with education when I started working, I knew for sure that implementing what I learnt all through my education would not be the same as what I learnt. It was bound to differ, also because I religiously thought that the ones who wrote those concepts were no way linked to those who worked on them. And no two individuals can think exactly alike about everything. And from then on things around me went on changing some for good, a few for worse and the rest not exactly sure. Had started loving what I was doing, was spending time at work and not whiling it away like earlier, got to spend lesser time with friends, fewer movies and outings, fun meant hanging out with my team mates, got excited at a silly idea at work than at Mahesh / Pawan's first day first show and many more changes.

When I look back, I suddenly realise that so much has changed around me, so much within me, most of it quietly without any sign. And now I understand, change that happens around you is not as good as the change that happens within you, change in the way we perceive things, change in what we think about people, change in how we react to situations. Guess this is the world's best teacher's way of telling us that Constants matter the most when it is least expected. So now it is not about changing the world, my country,  systems prevailing around me, my folks or anything for the matter of fact. It is just the change within that makes all the difference.

To the world's best teacher called LIFE - I promise to complete the equation with Change as the only Constant.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day........

Wishing my friends a not just a Happy but a Wonderful Mother's Day. I just realised that we are no more just friends, we are probably extended family. They say a friend in need is a friend indeed, But these guys were there for me even when I didn't need them. Love you guys. Keep rocking. We are meant to be. My memories of this day go back to about 13 yrs from now, we've been celebrating this day from then on with a little difference every year. Today, we don't celebrate this day of the year like the earlier ones, but we still do it together........ in a different sense though. It all started when we loved spending time with each other and never used to leave any chance of celebration just for the sake of being together. We adored our Moms with flowers, cards, gifts, goodies and also ended up doing the daily chores for them (couple of times). All this not only because we loved our Mom's but also because we could get another reason to celebrate .......... together

Monday Mornings

Monday Mornings taught me that it's fine to forget the sweet memories of yesterday and move on to the goodies coming forth. During my early days of life Monday Mornings were filled with gradual lethargy caused due to the remains of the previous days' fun and frolic leading to come up with various reasons of not going to School but in vain. A little later they marked the excitement of getting back to my pals with juicy gossip and blabber within me and I started looking forward to the Monday Mornings. End of school and it looked as if these Monday Mornings would never turn up again in life. And they never did....till date. Monday Mornings taught me that it is not always what happens but also who all were with us when it happened that that makes it a special memory.   When in college it was a different story altogether. We considered it to be the best day of the whole week when we used to spend the whole day scheduling our week on submitting assignments with " Better late

A Religion called TECHNOLOGY

How many of us understand our religion let alone following it religiously? None. Now that was way too easy. Most of us actually get irritated on the name of religion, yes, you read it right. IRRITATED. Might be because it's so complicated to understand and more so to follow. Yet, there's a strange thing which I have noticed. A special religion which we keep following while we study, play, work, dine, gossip and even when we need to communicate to one another. A religion which we follow sub consciously all through the day and can't do without. A religion, called TECHNOLOGY .  A religion is a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a supernatural agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs - Wikipedia says it.   We don't wake up to the tinkling of our Mom's Bangles, we don't g